SAdhanA

A journey of a man in search of the universe and the universe in search of a man. Note : Unlike my previous works, this is not a wild flower. It is a diamond to be cut and polished till it shines in all directions. Therefore criticisms and editing ideas are welcome (That should please Sumant, I guess ;-)).

February 25, 2005

Prologue - The Charioteer


AsatomA sat Gamayah...

The rebellious horses paw the ground impatiently
The uncertain flag flutters waveringly
The armies lined up are waiting in expectation
The afternoon sun scorches the field in fury
A single bead of sweat breaks free from my brow and lands on the bow
Doubt creeps up my spine and finds a corner in my head
I look up at the sky seeking an answer
The refulgent sun blinds my eyes
I bow down in shame and angst
My eyes perceive the dark form seated in front of me
I try to grip the handle of the bow harder
My palms sweat
The GAndivA slips down
Now, O PArthasArathy you let go of the reins
and turn to face me with a peaceful smile.

This marks the begininng of a long poem which will be presented in cantos, the journey that this BLOG is supposed to take, a SAdhanA of a SAdhakA.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wo by joe!!!!
my friend u spoke as if u were arjuna himself.

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home